4th Silesian Landwehr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Napoleonic Wars Gaming Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Iron Europe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lanius
Rekrut
Lanius

Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty N/A Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty

Iron Europe Empty
PostSubject: Iron Europe   Iron Europe EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Note: What I post here may or may not be relevant to this regiment, but anyone who reads this who has some influence with the organizers of the future events of Iron Europe (possibly JD at this moment)

So I had an idea for the future events of Iron Europe involving all the regiments that attend the line battles on Tuesdays and Fridays (and any other regiment that is interested in getting involved). What I ask is a pretty large task, and I myself am not sure if I can be of any help but if there is something that I can do with what I'm about to suggest than I would gladly take the reins and help out.

My idea is to make Iron Europe (and possibly Napoleonic Wars) a more immerse experience for the 4te, 1stEPI, PLG, anybody who wants to get involved. By doing this, we could have events that would happen in sort of a real time. Well what exactly does this mean? This means that considering the fact that the events of Iron Europe took place in WWI in Germany and France and such, we could create maps based on those areas or create maps based on battles in real life and play them out in battles in a video game. For example, let's say Germany (which is us supposedly) is going to cross the trenches to gain French territory. We'd go into a battle on a certain day and fight for that land, and if we won, the French would have to be pushed back and by the next event another map would've been set to accommodate that particular event. If we lost, Germany would be pushed back to the map prior to. It could be like a massive session as well, where by the end of the year or something, we'd tally up the battles won and whoever won the most wins a prize or gets all the glory!

I believe that this gets the members of all the regiments attending a sense of pride and worth, rather than dragging themselves along into a battle waiting to fight and dying a bunch of times just to do it again with no repercussions. It's like it actually gives us a reason to fight for something, to fight for land and for king and country!
   What I ask is a MAJOR task (creating maps, setting up nations, etc.) and I would love to help in any way that I can. If anybody has any sway with JD and is friends with him then I would be greatly appreciative if you gave this suggestion to him, as I think it would greatly increase attendance, performance, and overall happiness for the future of not only Napoleonic line battles, but Iron Europe battles as well.
Back to top Go down
Jishnu
A1 Gemeiner
Jishnu

Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty N/A Iron Europe Empty Iron Europe Empty

Iron Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Europe   Iron Europe EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 5:06 pm

This is an idea that has surfaced many times in the community.

here is a N&S one that is similar(ish) http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2375.0.

I think it is a good idea, but it calls for A LOT of attention outside of the events.

That being said, I doubt the Prussian Army event would do something like this, but if we could get our hands on a server and actually run an event like this, I would love to do it.

Back to top Go down

Iron Europe
Page 1 of 1